9.01.2009

My newest obsession...

So we all know that I will find a random thing, obsess over it for a while, and then move on. Well folks, today is the day for yet another "Suz Obsession."

Last week, well, maybe it was two weeks ago... yeah, it was definitely two weeks ago. I was invited to a friend's apartment in Hampton overlooking what I believe to be the Chesapeake Bay, for some chicken salad. She has the cutest apartment ever, but my chicken salad scores a few more stars than hers. Anyway, my newest obsession is not about her apartment or her chicken salad, it is about the beverage she served.

To wet my whistle she served me a purple Vitamin Water. I was slightly resistant, because A. I'm not typically a fan of purple beverages, and B. Let's be real, I'm not one to venture too far from the beaten path when it comes to eating and drinking. I like to stick to what I know and love, although it seems that whenever I live on the edge and try something new it is rare to find myself unsatisfied... (note to self.)

So flash forward a couple days from the introduction of the purple Vitamin Water and my life. I'm walking through Farm Fresh and notice Vitamin Water is on sale! $1 a beverage! Only problem... I don't know what flavor water I was served! What's a girl to do other than buy all of the purple and pink Vitamin Water's on the shelf! You know I cannot turn down a sale!

I walk into my house with about seven different flavored Vitamin Waters, even including flavor names that I assumed I would not like (Raspberry for example - bleh!), but I could not take the risk of missing out on my newest beloved. It was like wine tasting, minus the crackers and the alcohol and the feeling you are left with after sampling the reds and whites and everything in between. After a few days I had tasted and sampled and fallen in love with six out of the seven flavored waters! Now I am not here to argue for or against the nutritional value of this purple beverage, but lo and behold, my love is not necessarily with the beverage itself, but it's with the labels....

Take for example the Focus Vitamin Water:

"focus
kiwi-strawberry (a+lutein)

not a lot of singers can rock. even fewer can roll. and once you throw pop in the mix, you can forget about it. but the multi-platinum kelly clarkson pulls off all three like a diner does breakfast, lunch and dinner. most vocalists couldn't even lip-sync to a set like hers. so, how does she do it? behind her hazel eyes is some serious focus. she's living proof that with a little concentration you can do anything... catch a fly with chopsticks, solve a sudoku puzzle, or climb the corporate ladder. just stay off the top of the charts - thats kelly's territory."


I mean, how great a read is that?! Especially considering the fact that it's coming from a beverage bottle?! Let's just hope its not only the fact that I'm actually enjoying these purple beverages that keeps me surprised and entertained! Keep it up Vitamin Water, keep it up.

No comments: